Share this quiz:
How would you describe your relationship with this person? Are you friends? Do you consider them a casual hookup partner? Are they more than that, but neither of you has said it out loud? You may be in the friend zone or just casual hookup partners. The answer to these questions may seem obvious, but sometimes it’s not so straightforward. Relationships are complex and we can’t always see what’s right in front of us. If you feel like things are getting serious and you both want to take the next step, read on to discover if your friendship is heading towards something more.
How to know if you are more than FWB
The tricky part is knowing if you are more than just friends with benefits. First you have to analyze your actions with each other. Do you hang out in public? Do you talk to each other daily without it being sexual?
There are many signs already available for you to look into. Our 'are we more than just friends with benefits quiz' will help you through this step and analyze these signs for you. How about you try it out?
3 Ways to know if your hookup has potential
You’re friends and you’re both attracted to each other. You’re having casual sex on the regular, but you’re not sure if it’s more than that.
There’s a chance that you’re both thinking about taking the relationship to the next level, but neither of you has said anything yet. If you want to know if you’re more than just casual hookup partners, look for these signs.
- They ask you out on a date: If your friend invites you on a real date, it’s a pretty good sign that they’re thinking about taking the relationship to the next level. You might want to think about how you feel about them before accepting the date.
- They open up to you: If your friend is normally closed off, but suddenly they’re telling you their feelings and fears, that’s a sign they’re thinking more seriously about the relationship.
- They introduce you to their friends: If your friend introduces you to their friends and family, it means they’re really starting to see you as a part of their life and that they’re ready to take things to the next level.
Ways to know if you’re just good friends
If you’re not sure whether you have romantic feelings for each other but you’re still having regular sex, you may not be more than friends. If you want to know if you’re just good friends who occasionally have sex, look for these signs.
- You love spending time together, but you’re not ready for a date. If you like hanging out with each other and talking about your days, but you’re not ready for a date, then you’re probably just good friends.
- You talk about your hopes and dreams. If you like talking about your goals and what you want to do with your life, you probably aren’t thinking about a romantic relationship.
- You get excited when they’re around. If you get butterflies in your stomach when they walk into a room and you can’t wait to spend time with them, you probably aren’t thinking about a romantic relationship.
- You don’t cuddle. If you like hanging out together, but you don’t ever cuddle or spoon, then you’re probably just good friends.
You think about them all the time
It’s normal to think about the people you care about and have feelings for, but if you’re thinking about them all the time, they’re probably more than just a casual hookup partner. If you can’t stop thinking about this person, you may have a crush on them and you just don’t realize it yet.
Take it to the next level. If your FWB won't ask you, then perhaps you should initiate the conversation about becoming official.
They’ve told you they love you – or maybe they haven’t
Some people are good at showing their love and some people aren’t. If you’re not sure if this person loves you, pay attention to see if they say it. If they’ve made it clear that they love you, but you haven’t said it back, you might be in the friend zone.
If this person says they love you, but you don’t say it back, you may be in the friend zone. If someone does romantic things for you, like leave you handwritten love letters or take you out on a fancy date, they may love you. If you want to be with this person all the time and you’re not sure why you might also be in love with them.
You feel ready to commit, but they haven’t asked yet
If you’re in a casual relationship and you’re ready to take things further, but your partner isn’t, you should break up with them. If you feel like you’re being unfair to them by dragging them into a relationship they aren’t ready for, break up with them.
Are we more than just friends with benefits quiz: Bottom line
It’s easy to get caught up in relationships and miss the signs that something is happening. The best way to figure out if you should stay with your partner or if you should break up with them is to figure out what type of relationship you have.
Are you friends or are you just hooking up? Are you in love or just really good friends? Are you ready to take things to the next level or are you just not ready? If you can answer these questions, you’ll have a better idea of what your relationship looks like and what your next move should be.